- Instant Digital Download
- 24/7 live chat
- 90 Days Money Back
- Certified Partner
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Essentials
Windows Server Essentials is now available in two forms:
As a server role: Windows Server Essentials Experience is provided as a server role in the Standard and Datacenter editions of Windows Server 2012 R2. Installing Windows Server Essentials Experience in Windows Server 2012 R2 provides you with all the features and functionalities (such as the Dashboard, client computer backups, and Remote Web Access) of Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials without the locks and limits that are imposed on it. For more information about this new server role.
- As a core Windows Server edition: Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials. As a part of your installation process, you can opt to install Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials as a virtual machine by following instructions in a wizard.
Feature Name What’s New Description Server Deployment Server deployment options in Windows Server Essentials include:
- Windows Server Essentials Experience as a server role in the Standard and Datacenter editions of Windows Server 2012 R2 can be installed as a member server in a domain.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials can be installed on a physical server or as a virtual machine.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials must be the domain controller at the root of the forest and domain, and must hold all the FSMO roles.
- Windows Server Essentials Experience as a server role in the Standard and Datacenter editions of Windows Server 2012 R2 can be installed as a member server in a domain. If an Active Directory domain does not exist, installing the role will create an Active Directory domain, and the server will become the domain controller at the root of the forest and domain, holding all the FSMO roles. You can have more than one server with the Windows Server Essentials Experience role installed in your network.
- As part of your installation process, you can opt to install Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials as a virtual machine by following instructions in a wizard.
Client Deployment Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials provides improved client deployment options. The following improvements and changes are made in the client deployment process for Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials:
- The Connector can be used to connect to a server running Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials from a remote location.
- The Connector can trigger automatic VPN dialing in domain-joined clients, so that customers can always be connected to Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials when they are working off-premises.
- The Connector can be configured to connect to other servers running Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials without reinstallation.
- The Connector performance has been improved by reducing its memory and CPU usage.
Users and Groups The following functionalities are added for managing users and groups :
- User groups management
- Office 365 distribution groups management
- You can create user groups and add user accounts to them. User account permissions can be managed through their user group memberships.
- If your server is integrated with Office 365, you can manage your Office 365 distribution groups from the Dashboard.
Server Storage The following functionalities are added in Server Storage:
- Folder management on a second server in a Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials network
- Server folder quota
- You can create shared folders on a secondary server while keeping the same Universal Naming Convention (UNC) path prefix.
- You can specify a space quota for a server folder. You receive an alert when a server folder size grows beyond its defined quota.
Data Protection Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials includes improved File History. File History backups are configured per user instead of per device. Also, you can automatically restore your data through File History backups on a new computer if your old computer is no longer functional or is unavailable.The first time you log on to your new computer in the network, you are prompted to restore your files from your File History backups. Health Reports Health Reports is integrated with Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials, and it no longer needs to be installed as an add-in. The Home page includes the Alerts and Reports tabs. Depending on your business needs, you can customize the system health reports to display items that you want to monitor. BranchCache BranchCache is integrated with Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials. You can turn on BranchCache to improve data access if the server running Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials is located offsite. For more information, see Manage BranchCache. Office 365 Integration The following functionalities are available when Office 365 is integrated with Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials:
- SharePoint Libraries management
- Office 365 distribution groups management
If your server is integrated with Office 365, you can:
- Manage your Office 365 SharePoint Libraries from the Dashboard.
- Manage your Office 365 distribution groups from the Dashboard.
Important: The integration of Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials with Office 365 is only supported in a single domain controller environment. The Integrate with Office 365 Wizard must be run on a domain controller.
Mobile Devices You can manage Mobile Devices through the Dashboard. If your server is integrated with Office 365, you can manage your mobile devices by using the Exchange Active Sync functionalities; for example, you can define email access from a mobile device, set up password policies, and perform a remote wipe of the mobile device. Client Full System Restore Client Full System Restore is supported by Windows Deployment Services. You can create a client restore service by using the Set Up Client Restore Service task, and you can perform client full system restore over the network instead of using an image that is saved on a DVD. Remote Web Access Remote Web Access experience is updated. Remote Web Access is optimized for touch devices and enhanced with rich HTML5 support. Microsoft online services integration The integration of Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials with Microsoft online services is updated. The integration of Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials with Microsoft online services, including Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD), Office 365, Windows Intune, and on-premises Exchange, is only supported in a single domain controller environment. The integration wizard for these Microsoft online services must be run on a domain controller.
- As a server role: Windows Server Essentials Experience is provided as a server role in the Standard and Datacenter editions of Windows Server 2012 R2. Installing Windows Server Essentials Experience in Windows Server 2012 R2 provides you with all the features and functionalities (such as the Dashboard, client computer backups, and Remote Web Access) of Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials without the locks and limits that are imposed on it. For more information about this new server role.
Exactly delivered what I ordered. Great customer service.
I don’t have it!!
This product keeps me selling books!
SO GRAT,TO HAVE A COPY OF 2021 OUTLOOK. IT IS SO MUCH EAISER TO OPERATE AND SXHEDULE WITH THAN THE PHARSE CALLED THE LATEST OUTLOOK. ORDERING THRU YOUR COMPANY WAS A REAL PLEASUE AND SERVICE WAS EXCELENT.
Microsoft Office 2021 Home & Business
no problems and very easy to use
Cannot get it to load on my computer
Very easy to install.
Microsoft Word 2021 for PC
Microsoft Office 2021 Home & Student
Microsoft Office 2019 Home and Business
I had Publisher and Word on my Laptop and they both stopped working. I don't know why but, after 2 days of nothing working, I decided to buy new software. I first tried buying from another online company but I couldn't get the software to install; even with help from the company. So, I tried EkSoftware. Your company gave me thorough instructions on how to delete my old software and by using another app, I finally got the Suite installed and working! Thank you. My Publisher and Word are working great and I'm finally going to get to use PowerPoint for the first time!
This was the smoothest software download ever! Application works perfect and was exactly as advertised. I will use EKsoftware again and again! You should too!
I’m happy with products that I am familiar with.
Over 200 Trusted 5-Star Reviews
MSO 2021 - Excellent Service
"I had an issue with activation of my copy of Microsoft Office 2021, however Daniel and other support guys quickly resolved the problem, so the overall experience is very positive. Very good price too, especially with the New Year Sale discount. Thank you guys!"
Alexander Belgovskiy 01/20/2024
Everything work the way it's supposed to
Everything work the way it's supposed to
Nicholas Englebert 01/14/2024
"Ordered Microsoft Windows 10 operating software for an older machine that I just replaced the hard drives on. I haven’t downloaded the software yet though waiting for the free USB drive to come in the mail. But Eksoftware sales team was great to work with and understood my issues and provided support and advice."
What's the difference between Office 365 and Office 2019?
You get the premium Office software with the Office 365 subscription plans: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, and Access (Publisher and Access are only available on a PC). Office 365 can be enabled across various devices, including PCs, Macs, Android tablets, Android phones, iPad ®, and iPhone ®. Office 365 also comes with services such as 1 TB OneDrive room, 60 Skype minutes a month and support for Microsoft chat and phone. You get the new versions of the software with a subscription, and also receive updates as they happen. Learn more about Office 365.
Office 2019 is a one-time purchase that includes classic PC or Mac applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and does not contain any of the features that come with an Office 365 subscription. One-time purchases do not have an upgrade option, which means you would need to buy it at full price if you intend to upgrade to the next major update.
How do I know my PC or Mac can run Office?
By viewing the requirements, you can verify if your computer will support your Office version.
Will Office be identical on a PC, a Mac, and a mobile device?
No. Office applications are designed to better function on each system and platform. The Office applications and version numbers available to Mac users can vary from those available to PC users.
Can people with an earlier version of Office open documents I created using Office 365 or Office 2019?
Office 365, Office 2019, Office 2016, Office 2013, Office 2010, Office 2007, Office for Mac 2011 and Office for Mac 2008 applications can open your documents without further intervention. Customers using earlier Office versions would need to download and install a compatibility pack.
Is Internet access required for Office?
Internet access is required for downloading and enabling all the new Office suites releases and all Office 365 subscription plans. Internet access is also required for Office 365 plans to control your subscription account, e.g. to install Office on other PCs or to change billing options. Internet access for documents stored on OneDrive is also required, unless you install OneDrive desktop app.To keep your Office edition up-to-date and benefit from automatic updates, you should also connect to the Internet regularly. When you do not connect to the Internet at least every 31 days, your applications will go into reduced functionality mode, which means you can access or print your documents, but you will not be able to update or build new documents. Simplify reactivating your Office software by reconnecting the Internet.
To use the Office software, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, you don't need to be linked to the Internet because the programs are completely installed on your computer.
What is the maximum number of Office licenses I can activate using the same Microsoft account?
Users can activate 1 Office 365 Home and Office 365 Personal subscription, and up to 25 Office Home & Student 2019, Office Home & Business 2019, and Office Professional 2019 licenses.