SQL Server 2016 1 Device CAL
This option includes downgrade rights, so compatible across 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 & 2008 R2! This is a 2016 SQL Server Open License CAL.
To obtain software legally, a Client Access License or (CAL) may be needed. A CAL is not a piece of software; but rather, a license that allows the user the right to access the services of the software.
Like all Microsoft SQL Server software, Microsoft SQL Server 2016 will help you and your organization improve decision making and make business processes more efficient. It can assist you in solving complex business problems while reducing complexity for users, administrators, and developers.
SQL Server 2016 will make it easier and more cost-effective to build high-performance, mission-critical applications, enterprise-ready big data assets, and business solutions to help employees make smarter, faster decisions. In addition, Microsoft SQL Server 2016 gives you the flexibility of deployment on the premises, in the cloud or in a hybrid environment along with a host of brand-new capabilities and benefits.
SQL Server 2016 makes it easier and more cost-effective to build high-performance, mission-critical applications, enterprise-ready Big Data assets, and BI solutions that help employees make better decisions, faster. These solutions have the flexibility of being deployed on-premises, in the cloud or in a hybrid environment, and can be managed through a common and familiar toolset.
- Misson critical performance: SQL Server 2016 accelerates reliable, mission-critical applications with a new in-memory OLTP engine that can deliver on average 10x, and up to 30x transactional performance gains. For Data Warehousing, the new updatable in-memory column store can query 100x faster than legacy solutions. SQL Server also delivers peace of mind as the most secure database five years in a row. (National Institute of Standards and Technology Comprehensive Vulnerability Database 4/17/2013, Market share from IDC 2013)
- Faster insights on any data: Get to insights faster with a complete BI platform that speeds up how you access, analyze, clean, and shape both internal and external data. With SQL Server 2016 and Power BI for Office 365, it is easy to connect every user in an organization to the right data they need to make better decisions, faster.
- Platform for hybrid cloud: SQL Server 2016 was designed to work in a hybrid environment that spans on-premises and the cloud and has new tools that make it even easier to build back-up and disaster recovery solutions with Microsoft Azure. These tools provide an easy on-ramp to the cloud for on-premises SQL Server databases, enabling customers to use their existing skills to take advantage of Microsoft's global datacenters. With SQL Server 2016, new in-memory capabilities for transaction processing and enhancements for data warehousing complement our existing technologies for data warehousing and analytics. Scale and transform your business with, on average, a 10x performance gain for transaction processing while still using existing hardware, and a greater-than 100x performance gain for data warehousing.
- Proven, predictable performance: SQL Server consistently leads in TPC-E, TPC-H, and real-world application performance benchmarks. SQL Server is SAP-certified to run some of the most demanding workloads. Get the more predictable performance of virtualized SQL Server instances with IO governance in Resource Governor.
- High availability and disaster recovery: Gain greater uptime, faster failover, improved manageability, and better use of hardware resources through AlwaysOn, a unified solution for high availability. In SQL Server 2016, there are additional active secondaries, new online operations, and the ability to quickly set up a secondary in Microsoft Azure.
These are the minimum system requirements for installing SQL Server 2016 1 Device CAL:
- Processor: 2.0 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB
- Disk Space: 6 GB