- Instant Digital Download
- 24/7 live chat
- 90 Days Money Back
- Certified Partner
Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition R2 - Complete Product
Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation Manufacturer Part Number P72-01696 Manufacturer Website Address http://www.microsoft.com Brand Name Microsoft Product Name Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition R2 - Complete Product Marketing Information
Windows Server 2003 R2 extends the Windows Server 2003 operating system, providing a more efficient way to manage and control access to local and remote resources while easily integrating into your existing Windows Server 2003 environment. Windows Server 2003 R2 provides a scalable, security-enhanced Web platform, seamless interoperability with UNIX-based systems and enables new scenarios including simplified branch server management, improved identity and access management, and more efficient storage management. Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition also delivers dynamic new licensing that allows customers to get even more value out of server virtualization. This page provides an overview of benefits, new features, and improvements in Windows Server 2003 R2.
Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise, x64 Edition, is well-suited for business-critical applications such as large databases and line-of-business applications, as well as for Terminal Server deployments that use Terminal Server Session Directory.
Package Type Retail Distribution Media/Method CD-ROM Product Type Operating System Software Sub Type Server Software Name Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition 64-bit Features
More centralized management:
- Provides centralized management tools for file and print functions
Reduced remote administration:
- Minimizes local administration and local back up
Better WAN efficiencies:
- Enables faster data replication over wide area networks
Greater user efficiency:
- Fewer user passwords, for both internal and partner-hosted web applications, through extranet Single Sign-On and identity federation
Enhanced IT efficiency:
- Centralized administration of extranet application access, fewer password resets, and the ability to delegate user management to trusted partners
- Automated "shut off" of extranet access based on disabling a user"s Active Directory account
Better regulatory compliance:
- Log user access to partner applications in external security domains
Improved interoperability with heterogeneous systems:
- Cross-platform Web Single Sign-On and identity federation using Web Services interoperability specifications and tools to manage and dynamically update user accounts and passwords across Windows and UNIX systems using Network Information Service (NIS). Also performs automatic synchronization of passwords between Windows and UNIX operating systems.
Better storage utilization:
- Provides storage utilization information through detailed storage reports
Better quota management:
- Monitors and controls disk space usage with directory quotas
Better file screening:
- Limits types of files allowed on servers with file screening
Simpler SAN configuration:
- Easily configures and provisions storage area networks (SANs)
Better performing web platform:
- Windows SharePoint Services delivers a cost-effective collaboration solution that can be deployed, configured, and managed quickly
- ASP.NET enables fast development of rich, Dynamic Systems Initiative-ready Web Services and applications using the .NET Framework
- IIS 6.0 delivers a more secure, high-performance Web server
- x64 support enables better performance at lower cost
Better virtualization value:
- Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition provides better value in server virtualization.
Over 200 Trusted 5-Star Reviews
Reloading Office 21
Had an issue reloading an office product after buying a new computer. Chatted on line with Paul and he solved the issue in less than 5 minutes. Excellent response time and fix actions. Thanks again!
Grag S 12/30/2022
Eric in tech support - EXCELLENT
Eric in tech support was very helpful to me in helping me to revert my Outlook to an earlier version so that it would work offline for me. Very helpful for me! And he provided me the steps to transfer my Outlook data from my old Mini to my new one. He was pleasant, had a helpful positive attitude and had the know how to help me. He is an excellent tech person.
Bill Wadsworth 12/16/2022
An excellent experience
I just spent some time with Daniel. He is by far the best computer assistant that has ever helped online. No only was he extremely knowledgeable but his demeanor was nothing but professional. I can't say enough about Daniel. He made an old man very happy.
What's the difference between Office 365 and Office 2019?
You get the premium Office software with the Office 365 subscription plans: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, and Access (Publisher and Access are only available on a PC). Office 365 can be enabled across various devices, including PCs, Macs, Android tablets, Android phones, iPad ®, and iPhone ®. Office 365 also comes with services such as 1 TB OneDrive room, 60 Skype minutes a month and support for Microsoft chat and phone. You get the new versions of the software with a subscription, and also receive updates as they happen. Learn more about Office 365.
Office 2019 is a one-time purchase that includes classic PC or Mac applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and does not contain any of the features that come with an Office 365 subscription. One-time purchases do not have an upgrade option, which means you would need to buy it at full price if you intend to upgrade to the next major update.
How do I know my PC or Mac can run Office?
By viewing the requirements, you can verify if your computer will support your Office version.
Will Office be identical on a PC, a Mac, and a mobile device?
No. Office applications are designed to better function on each system and platform. The Office applications and version numbers available to Mac users can vary from those available to PC users.
Can people with an earlier version of Office open documents I created using Office 365 or Office 2019?
Office 365, Office 2019, Office 2016, Office 2013, Office 2010, Office 2007, Office for Mac 2011 and Office for Mac 2008 applications can open your documents without further intervention. Customers using earlier Office versions would need to download and install a compatibility pack.
Is Internet access required for Office?
Internet access is required for downloading and enabling all the new Office suites releases and all Office 365 subscription plans. Internet access is also required for Office 365 plans to control your subscription account, e.g. to install Office on other PCs or to change billing options. Internet access for documents stored on OneDrive is also required, unless you install OneDrive desktop app.To keep your Office edition up-to-date and benefit from automatic updates, you should also connect to the Internet regularly. When you do not connect to the Internet at least every 31 days, your applications will go into reduced functionality mode, which means you can access or print your documents, but you will not be able to update or build new documents. Simplify reactivating your Office software by reconnecting the Internet.
To use the Office software, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, you don't need to be linked to the Internet because the programs are completely installed on your computer.
What is the maximum number of Office licenses I can activate using the same Microsoft account?
Users can activate 1 Office 365 Home and Office 365 Personal subscription, and up to 25 Office Home & Student 2019, Office Home & Business 2019, and Office Professional 2019 licenses.