Microsoft Exchange Server 2019
While Office 365 and remote working have become buzzwords in recent years, the good people at Microsoft have not forgotten about those of us who still work on-premises. This is why Microsoft Exchange Server 2019 has been introduced a couple of weeks ago.
Specially designed to improve on the previously excellent versions, Microsoft Exchange Server 2019 comes with various security and performance improvements to improve the end-user experience. This means that the software is a huge improvement over the Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 edition.
Some of these improvements included the use of SSD or Solid State Drives alongside hard disk storage to further speed up Exchange 2019. Also, Exchange Server 2019 features reengineered Bing technology to ensure faster and better search results while also making administration and maintenance work easier.
These are minimum system requirements for installing Microsoft Exchange Server 2019
- Processor: 1.4 GHz 64-bit EMT64 or AMD64 processor, Quad-Core Recommended for production systems. Support for security features like NX Bit and DEP (Data
- Execution Prevention): The processor should support CMPXCHG16b, LAHF/SAHF, and PrefetchWNeeds. Needs to Support EPT or NPT (Second Level Address Translation)
- Disk Space: For Core installation, a minimum Disk Space of 32 GB is required. An additional 4 GB is necessary for GUI installation.
- RAM: 512 MB ECC supported Memory Modules 800 MB for VM Installations, post-installation, reduce RAM to 512 MB.
- Disk Controller: Needs to be a PCI Express Compliant Disk Controller. ATA/PATA/IDE/EIDE are not supported for either boot, page, or data.