Microsoft Access 2016
what's new in Access 2016
Access 2016 has all the functionality and features you're used to with some added enhancements and the best new features from Office 2016. Here are some of the top new features you'll find in Access 2016:
Upgrading from Access 2013
If you're upgrading to Access 2016 from Access 2013, you'll still have all the features you're used to and you'll notice a few new ones as well. The first thing you'll see when you open Access 2016 is that it has the familiar look of 2013 with a more colorful border.
Do things quickly with Tell Me
you'll notice a text box on the ribbon in Access 2016 that says Tell me what you want to do. This is a text field where you can enter words and phrases related to what you want to do next and quickly get to features you want to use or actions you want to perform. You can also choose to get help related to what you're looking for.
Can"t find a button? Click inside the Tell Me box (it's the box at the top, with the light bulb). Type a button or command, like "filter", and you'll see all of your filter-related options listed for you.
New themes for the Access program
There are now two Office themes that you can apply to the Access program: Colorful and White. To access these themes, go to File > Options > General, and then click the drop-down menu next to Office Theme.
Export linked data source information to Excel
Have you ever wanted to get a nice list of all the linked data sources from your Access database application into Excel? If you are working on a complex Access application, for example, that includes links to many different data sources, it can be helpful to have a nice list of all the various data sources and their types. This exported list can be especially helpful if you are working on an Access application you did not originally design. Now with Access 2016, you'll find this task much easier using new functionality built into the Linked Table Manager dialog.
Open the Linked Table Manager dialog by clicking External Data > Linked Table Manager. Select the linked data sources you want to list and then click Export to Excel.
These are the minimum system requirements for installing Microsoft Access 2016.
- OS: Windows 7 or later, Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows Server 2012
- MEMORY: 1 GB RAM (32 bit); 2 GB RAM (64 bit)
- HARD DISK: 3.0 GB available disk space
- DISPLAY: 1280 x 800 resolution
- GRAPHICS: DirectX 10 graphics card.
- Other: A touch-enabled device is required to use any multi-touch functionality. However, all features and functionality are always available by using a keyboard, mouse, or other standard or accessible input device. Note that new touch features are optimized for use with Windows 8 or later.
Additional System Requirements:
- Internet functionality requires an Internet connection
- Windows software only, NOT compatible with MAC.