Simplify complex information by creating professional diagrams in just a few clicks.
The new Microsoft Visio has:
- Features designed to make it easier to create diagrams?including quicker access to frequently used tools, new and updated shapes and stencils, and improved and expanded themes and effects.
- Tools to make teamwork simpler, such as the ability to work together on the same diagram at the same time and improved commenting?in both Visio and Visio Services.
- Improved touch support, including for Windows 8 and Visio Services in the new Microsoft SharePoint.
- Options to make your diagrams more dynamic by linking shapes to real-time data, with an expanded set of supported sources.
- The ability to share your diagrams with others through a browser (even if they don't have Visio installed) through Microsoft Office 365 or SharePoint.
- Support for updated diagramming standards, including Unified Modeling Language (UML) 2.4, Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) 2.0, and Windows Workflow Foundation 4.0.
Create professional diagrams quickly: Create engaging diagrams in just a few clicks with updated shapes and new formatting options and tools.
It's easier to start creating and customizing diagrams
Visio is packed with enhancements to make it easier to get started, find the stencils you want to use, and quickly get great-looking results with over 60 built-in templates, many with updated shapes. You can also create and customize professional-looking diagrams using a rich set of expanded and improved effects and themes that apply a completely different design in just one or two clicks.
Perform common tasks more easily
Diagrams are seldom static, so Visio makes it easier than ever to update your diagram with new shortcuts for frequently performed tasks. You can get to frequently used tools right away with a significantly improved quick-access floating toolbar and easily replace any shape (or combination of shapes) in a diagram while preserving your shape connections, shape metadata, and the overall layout.
Create great-looking organization charts more easily
One of the most used templates in Visio the organization chart just got even better with several new styles from professional to playful, which you can apply with just one click, the ability to import pictures and improved layout options to help fine-tune the way your org chart looks.
Work together on diagrams with your team: Collaborate on diagrams with new teamwork features.
Work together on a single diagram at the same time
Streamline teamwork and reduce the risk of errors by allowing two or more people to work on the same diagram in a single file at the same time from rearranging and adding shapes, to writing comments, to applying effects. With just one working file, you avoid the need to email files around, figure out what changes others have made to the original diagram, and manually merging multiple versions together.
Share diagrams through a browser on almost any device
By saving your Visio diagrams to Microsoft SharePoint?either on your company"s servers or through Microsoft Office 365?you can make them instantly viewable through a browser for colleagues without Visio. Visio Services in SharePoint provides a rich experience through the browser, with full detail from the original diagram, refreshable data (in diagrams with data links), the option to view and add comments, and improved touch support so you can view and interact with the diagram through virtually any device.
Give feedback with improved commenting
The latest Visio release introduces features designed to make it easier to capture and address reviewers" feedback on diagrams.
These are the minimum system requirements for installing Microsoft Visio 2013 Professional Open License.
- Processor: 1 GHz or greater x86/x64 Processor with SSE2 instruction set.
- Memory: 1 GB RAM (32 Bit) / 2 GB RAM (64 Bit)
- Hard disk: 2.0 GB available
- Operating system: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008R2 or Windows Server 2012 with .Net 3.5 or greater
- Graphics: Graphics hardware acceleration requires DirectX10 graphics card, 1024x576 minimum resolution
Touch features require a touch-enabled Windows 7 or Windows 8 PC
Certain functionality requires internet connectivity